Monday, September 24, 2007

The most Tremendous Thing That could Happen to you

One day on a hot, clear day and the water was calm my mom (Clara Mae) wanted to go boating to Cape Denbeigh but there was nobody to take us. So my sister Tonia asked Tommy to take us that day and he said yeah but his girlfriend’s sister was coming today. So we waited for Jenice to come and get ready for her first trip in Shaktoolik. When we all got ready there was Tonia and her three children Mckenzie, Leslie and Jordan with Tommy, Rica and her daughter Autum, and Rica’s sister Jenice and I. There were too many people that were going to be on the boat so my mom decided not go. By the time we were ready Michelle asked to go so we had to wait another fifteen minutes for her to get all dressed and all her snacks ready.
When we were all ready to head out to the ocean I had turned on my CD player and put on my earphones because. When you are boating it gets boring and nothing you can listen to but the sound of the motor and waves splashing on the side of the boat.
It takes at least less than one hour or about an hour to get to cape Denbeigh or it depends on how fast you are going. By the time we got there we saw my uncle Palmer and his wife Fena with there two adorable grandsons Kyle and Tory. When we got to the shore we all took out our grub and I went over to them and hang out with the two boys because I didn’t Jenice that much. While I was with them boys we went rock climbing and picked some beautiful flowers while everyone was getting dinner ready. My cousin Kyle told his grandma that he was going to the top to check if he can see fish swimming in the bottom of the sea floor. When he had told his grandma she never hear him or none of us did but still he climbed all the way. As he was climbing we all thought that he was a bear. Tonia came and told Tory and me that we have to go near the boat because they saw a bear come down and getting ready to charge. We never mind because we weren’t scared at all. My cousin Tory was 13 and I was 14 years old. SO we went to go see what the commotion was all about and we did saw the bear coming down and I did kind of have a little bit scared but he was there to protect me. By the time my Uncle Palmer and Harvey were ready to shoot when they would see the bears head. When they were waiting for it to show they had their guns all loaded up and their fingers on the trigger. When he came out of the bushes my sister Tonia got up and hollered that it was Kyle who was climbing. My Uncle never hear her but he saw his face when he turned around and he got real scared because he could have killed his own grandson. By the time everyone calm down my Auntie Fena she started to cry and Kyle you sure could tell that he was sweating and crying a lot because his grandpa could have shot him to death. When he came down he had to go hug his grandma and tell her that he was sorry for not telling them loud enough.
When all the commotion was all over Tory, Kyle and I went rock climbing and talked about on what just happened. We all told each other that if it was me or you or anybody else we all say that we would tell where are gong before we leave our folks and don’t get them worried to death like my cousin Kyle.
All is well with Kyle and I hope you enjoy reading this tremendous story.


By Dorinda

2 comments:

Shaktoolik writers said...

I think that you need your story proofread before you could post it onto the website. It's a good story though. I like it.

Shaktoolik writers said...

The second paragraph doesn't make sense. "......I didn't Jenice that much."